Bensalem, PA Real Estate
Welcome to Bensalem, PA
Looking for a quiet, friendly suburb near Philadelphia? Then Bensalem, PA may be the perfect spot for you. This diverse community is on the northeast side of Philadelphia. It serves as a buffer between the city and suburban Bucks County, which gives Bensalem residents the best of both worlds. If you want access to Philadelphia attractions and nightlife, as well as Bucks County’s family-friendly activities, then you may find Bensalem to be an ideal place to call home.
Click Here to Explore Homes for Sale in Bensalem, PA
Public Transportation: Rail and Highway Access
One of Bensalem’s biggest benefits is its easy access to Philadelphia. With numerous on-ramps throughout the city, Interstate 95 runs through the heart of Bensalem. Hop on the highway and you can be downtown in a half-hour.
You can also use Philadelphia’s light rail system. The Trenton line runs from Trenton, New Jersey all the way to Temple University in downtown Philadelphia. There are three stations in Bensalem. A ride from Eddington to Market East Station takes about 40 minutes.
Bensalem, PA’s Real Estate Market
Single family homes: Bensalem offers a diverse selection of single-family homes. In the southwestern parts of town that are closer to Philadelphia, you’ll find older homes in more affordable price ranges. As you move north and east, the city of Bensalem will give way to newer developments and higher-priced homes with large, open lots.
Condos and townhomes: Bensalem does offer a selection of townhomes, condos, and duplexes. Many of the townhomes and condos are in the town center, near TD Bank Amphitheater. You’ll also find duplexes and loft-style apartments as you get closer to Philadelphia.
Average Price for Homes in Bensalem, PA:
Testimonials to Our Service in Bensalem, PA
Here are some of our clients’ past experiences with Carrington Real Estate Services:
Arlene & Mark B. said: Carrington is the dream team of real estate. Our agent helped us find our first home and she understood that we needed a lot of help. As a result, she provided a lot of helpful resources (and visuals) to give us a clear picture of what we needed to know and do. When it came time to view homes, she showed us the pros and cons of each property, and highlighted the best value among those homes. With such detail, I would recommend anyone use Carrington! Their rating: 5 stars
Xing J. said: My agent was very friendly and professional. He was extremely efficient at showing me homes that matched my tastes and helping me understand possible deals for each property. He was a real expert of the local market as he showed me neighborhood statistics that highlighted possible changes and value increases — allowing me to find the right home for my budget. His rating: 5 stars
See Which Homes We Recommend for You in Bensalem, PA
Distinguished Schools in Bensalem, PA
- Cornwells Elementary School | Grades K-6 | 2215 Hulmeville Rd.
- Robert K Shafer Middle School | Grades 7-8 | 3000 Donallen Dr.
- School Lane Charter School | Grades K-8 | 2400 Bristol Pike
- Belmont Hills Elementary School | Grades K-6 | 605 Glendale Place
- Cecelia Snyder Middle School | Grades 7-8 | 3330 Hulmeville Rd.
You’ll Enjoy: Endless Entertainment Choices
One of the great things about living close to a major city is the entertainment choices that are available. Philadelphia is a quick drive away. However, nothing says you have to leave town to have fun. There’s plenty to keep you busy in Bensalem.
- Parks: Take in some fresh air and Explore one of Benaslem’s more than 25 parks. The biggest is Bensalem Central Park, which has more than 100 acres of walking paths, sports fields, and pavilions. It’s also home to TD Bank Amphitheater, which hosts concerts every Wednesday through the summer.
- Philadelphia sports teams: Philadelphia is widely known as a die-hard sports city. Even if you’re not a fan of one of the local teams, the atmosphere is too exciting to miss. Take in a game at either the Phillies, Eagles, 76ers, or Flyers stadiums.
- Historical sites: As the birthplace of the Declaration of Independence, Philadelphia is a haven for history buffs. Learn about our country’s heritage at Independence Hall, the Liberty Bell Center, and The Betsy Ross House. Also, take a stroll down Elfreth’s Alley to experience Philadelphia as it existed in the 1700’s.
Bensalem, PA Utilities
- Aqua Pennsylvania | Water | www.aquaamerica.com
- PECO | Electricity | www.peco.com
- Philadelphia Gas Works | Gas | www.pgworks.com
- Comcast | High Speed Internet | www.comcast.com
The Lifestyle: Suburban Bliss in Philadelphia’s Backyard
Bensalem is popular for its convenience to the city, but it’s also well-known for its deep sense of community. Many of the homes have been around for decades and many of the residents have been there just as long. You’ll find a friendly community where neighbors say hi to each other while taking an evening stroll.
Every fall, the town comes together for Fall Festival at TD Bank Amphitheater in the center of town. The event features live bands, food and drinks, and kid-friendly activities. The evening is capped off with a spectacular firework show.
The Workforce: A Short Commute to Big City Opportunities
One of the greatest benefits of living in Bensalem is the short commute to work in downtown Philadelphia. Some of the country’s largest companies have either their headquarters or a large presence in the Philadelphia area. Some of the largest include:
Of course, there are also opportunities in Bensalem if you don’t want head into the city. Bensalem is home to thousands of small businesses, including those in the retail, dining, automotive, and health care industries.
Why Live Here: Suburban Life with City Access
If you want easy access to Philadelphia without a city lifestyle, then Bensalem may be the perfect town for you. Acting as a buffer between the city and Bucks County, Bensalem offers a unique choice between a vibrant city scene and a quiet suburban atmosphere. The best part of Bensalem is that you don’t have to choose one or the other. You can enjoy whichever appeals to you!